Monday, January 19, 2015

Cambios otra vez?! (Transfers Again?!)

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well. 

Been a pretty good week, one that's been pretty extraordinary. So right now I am writing from the other side of Puebla, in the stake of La Libertad. So we had emergency changes again, from what I've heard there was a lot of irregular changes today. I guess there were some problems in some places and the President had to shuffle everyone around. So we received a call from the President on Friday night, and he told me that we were going to have changes, and that I was going to be a Zone Leader. So here I am, in the ward Alquiles Serdan en la estaca la Libertad. I actually just got here a few hours ago with my companion Elder Arias. Its kind of funny, he was one of the secretaries when I arrived in the mission in July and now were Zone Leaders together. Kind of crazy.



Goodbye to the neighborhood dog
So our week in Resurgimiento was actually really good again. We had a Zone Meeting and a special Zone Conference with the President. Elder Bartschi and Villa taught a way to teach new investigators baptism and the restoration and we practiced it. It was good, then later the President spoke to us for a little more than an hour about some things of the mission. Since he is going to leave the mission in about 6 months he is really focusing on how we can all improve, and raise the level of the mission even higher. He always talks about how when he arrived in the mission that there were a lot of bad things that he had to change, and that how he doesn't want the mission to start going that way again. So he talked about some issues that there had been with obedience, and a few other topics. It was honestly a really great meeting, we talked about change, repentance and how we can improve. I always learn a ton from the President.



On Saturday I also had a meeting with the President and all of the District Leaders. We also talked about some of the things that he menioned in the Zone Conference and how we can help our distircts improve. We also talked about how as district leaders sometimes we need to correct things we see in our districts, and how we should do so with love, and how we really can´t oblige anyone to change. I also learned a lot from that meeting as well. In my last week we also found some new invistigators, and a few really solid ones too. One of them told us that he is looking for the true church and was really excited to read the Book of Mormon. I´m kind of sad I won´t be there to see how they progress, but oh well. 

So it was a pretty strange Sunday, having to say goodbye to the ward and all the people that I've come to know and love. It is always tough to say goodbye, especially to the people with whom you've have spiritual experiences with. I also feel kind of bad for the Elders in Resurgimientos because all of them only have 2 weeks or less, so I have know idea how they are going to find thier way around or how they are going to figure out where they´re going to eat! Haha. They´ll be fine.

The food in Resurgimientos
So its been a wierd P-day as well. All I´ve done is pack, traveled to my new area, and eaten with some members. It also feels kind of weird to be a Zone Leader, I have to worry about a lot more people now since there are 3 districts in our zone. My companion is awesome though! We get along very well, he's a really nice guy and I look forward to get to know him better and work with him. It will be interesting to learn all of the new responsibilities I have as well.

Yup, pretty crazy week, but it was a good one. Everyone have a great week!

-Elder Hartvigsen

No comments:

Post a Comment