Monday, May 23, 2016

2 Timothy 4:7

Hey everyone. So it´s pretty early in the morning right now, but I couldn't leave without writing another letter. Last week's was pretty pathetic. So we came to the house of prayer so I could write one last email before I left. It feels strange that this is it.

So this last week went very well. Monday in the evening we worked in Chignahuapan with Elder Prieto and Elder Page and had a really good night. Elder Page and I taught a great family that they have that are going to be baptized in a few weeks. Monday night we stayed in Chignahuapan so that Elder Page and I could go to our final interviews together in Puebla. They went really well, the interview was actually a lot more simple than I thought. Wednesday we had our last district meeting which also went well. Thursday was pretty normal. Friday we had a cool activity for Mothers Day and a ton of people came. We had about 30 people in the house of prayer. President Tolentino shared a good thought and then we ate carnitas! Saturday was a good day, and Sunday was awesome! There were so many people that came to church! We had 6 investigators there and in total we were 28 people! Last week we just had 14! The investigators that we had in church were Desiderio and his family, Aurelia, Fany, Cristina, and Areseli. We also had Gloria and Jaime. It was so cool to see the room filled! It's also been a tough week saying goodbye to everyone. It was especially tough saying goodbye to the members and those investigators that are starting to progress. Saying goodbye to Desiderio and his family was almost like saying goodbye to converts. That man is very sincere and humble.

So I can't believe how fast these last months have gone by. I've just tried to stay focused on the work and everything has flown by. It's hard for me to think that I've been here for two years almost. I feel so grateful to God that he allowed me to come to this part of the world and to this mission, Puebla North. I know that I was supposed to come here to meet the people I've met, to have the companions I've had and to serve to people here. I have come to cement my testimony that I know that Jesus Christ lives and knows each one of us no matter where we come from, what language we speak, or what traditions we have. He has an infinite love for everyone. I know that he came to save us all, and that in our days his true church exists on the earth with Apostles and Prophets. I know that the church is guided by revelation, and that Jesus is at the helm. This work will advance, and is advancing. I thank you all for all your support and for reading these emails. I'm sad to end my service, but happy to move into the next phase of my life. May god bless us all, that we may stay true until the end.

Sincerely,

Elder Samuel Hartvigsen

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment