Monday, May 2, 2016

Puebla, Puebla



Hey Everyone. I hope that you`re all doing well. I`m good but It`s pretty hot outside haha. I forgot to put on sunscreen one day and I got roasted. It`s been a pretty hot week in terms of weather. 

Things went really well this week, we worked a lot and were able to have a good amount of success. I`ll start from Tuesday because that was the day I wrote last week haha. On Tuesday we had a good day. We honestly didn't have too many lessons, but it felt like a productive day. We were able to visit Silvia, who's an awesome investigator, we also visited Fernando, a contact from forever ago who's brother is in a bishopric in Mexico City. We had a sweet lesson with him. On Wednesday we had the district meeting, and this time I did get a little car sick in the combi. I think it was because I ate some cookies with milk right before we left. After we got back, we had a good day. We visited Desiderio, a new investigator who lives in the middle of one of the hills literally. To get there we climb up to a water tank and then follow the irrigation aqueduct for about 1 km. He was doing well and excited to talk to us but his wife was pretty turned off to the lesson.

On Thursday we had a bunch of other lessons, we visited Hector and Raquel, a less active and his wife, we saw Silvia again, and we taught some other investigators too. It felt like a rough day during the day, but in the evening when we saw what we had done the whole day it was actually pretty good. Friday was a tougher day, we had almost all the appointments fell through, but the appointments that we did have were awesome. We found two new investigators who are really sharp and are ready to learn and accept. Their names are Lizbet and Cristina. Saturday was packed. We had 7 lessons with investigators and were able to also work with the Tolentino family. They took us with two of their neighbors who are also great investigators. On Sunday we had Silvia in church, and it was great to have investigators in church again after a long dry spell. We also visited Desiderio again and we ate with the Tolentino family which is always really fun. President Tolentin was telling some funny tradicional stories.


Today we are in Puebla. Since these are my last weeks, I have the opportunity to visit some of the people that I visited, and right now I'm in Resurgimiento and we visited Emma, who was baptized when I was here. It was awesome to see her and it's strange to be in one of my old areas. I'm also now a town person because now I feel weird in the city haha. We got lost a few times on the buses haha. Well, everyone have a great week. Love you all!

-Elder Hartvigsen

No comments:

Post a Comment