Monday, June 29, 2015

Tule

Well I've had an interesting week. This week we had our transfers and I am in an area that's called Tule 1. It´s awesome! I love being outside Puebla! We´re here in a little town by a little highway and its just so much more open. It is very different, especially because my last area in Puebla was pretty small. Also my new companion is named Elder Breceda. We are actually from the same generation and we will be going home together in about a year. He is from el Distrito Federal (by Mexico City) so he´s not that far away from home haha. Everyone tells him that he doesn't have an excuse not to come back and visit because his house is literally about 2 hours away in bus. He also has a accent that is pretty funny sometimes. He sings his words a little more at times.

Final Adios to President and Hermana Christensen
OK, I also forgot my agenda, so we´ll see how much I can remember. On Tuesday we had the changes meeting with the whole mission and it was packed in the chapel! We also sang and it was great! It was really sad to have to say goodbye to President Christensen, but they stood up front and we made a line to say goodbye and take a last picture with them. It was sad, but we´re excited to work with our new president who we will meet this week. 

Then after the meeting in place of the 20 minute bus ride to my area, we took a bus for about an hour, and then a combi (public transport van) for another 30 or so (with my luggage) to our house. It´s so cool to be outside Puebla! Also our house is probably literally the best house in the mission! Its the perfect size, in great conditions with a washing machine and a little yard/garden. I´m so happy to have a washing machine, I saved about 2 hours for not washing by hand. Also the house comes with a dog named Jack who lives in our garden. He's funny and crazy. He also follows us around when we leave. He´s actually waiting for us outside this internet cafe haha.

(Not Jack) - Saying goodbye to a dog in Puebla before transfers
During the week we worked, I got to know the area a little better and met the investigators. We have a good amount of investiagators who have all attended church a good amount of times. They just need baptismal dates :). We have one investigator with a baptismal date that we put and she is super pumped for it. Her name is Teresa and her kids are super funny. Also the people here are a little more laid back and friendly. In Puebla there are a lot of people that won´t stop to talk to you, but it has only happened to me once here so far. Also we had a really cool experience on Friday, where a member took us to a town a little farther away to give her cousin a blessing, be we ended up teaching her other cousin. It was a really good lesson, and the town where we went was really pretty! The member told us that there aren't any members that live there but many of her family members have asked for the missionaries. The only bummer was that we found out later that the town is in the other area or the Hermanas. Its alright though.

Sunday was really boring because we stayed in the house all day. My companion got sick from eating some spicy food on Saturday so we didn't even go to church. It was a bummer because I wanted to get to know more members and get a feel of the ward. It was alright though, I read a lot and took a nap.

Yup, It´s been a week full of new experiences. I hope that you´re all enjoying the summer heat! Have a good week!

-Elder Hartvigsen

No comments:

Post a Comment